Title Back Colour Keyoti Title Line Title Curve
Blue Box Top

German compound words not working (and other questions) - RapidSpell Desktop .NET - Forum

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Options
Christian Ebel
#1 Posted : Friday, January 20, 2017 11:00:43 AM

Groups: Registered

Hi,

we are using RapidSpell with TX TextControl (v23 Service Pack 1) via Keyoti.RapidSpell.NET2.TXSupportv23.dll (5.3.15.704).

1. German compound words don't seem to work anymore.
Example: both "Korrespondenz" and "Vorlage" are proper words and get recognized as such by RapidSpell, but the compound "Korrespondenzvorlage" does not.
(The property CheckCompoundWords is set to True.)
This behaviour seems to be relatively new, I'm pretty sure it used to work correctly in earlier versions.

2. Is a Reference to Keyoti.RapidSpellMDict.dll (still) necessary?
Your documentation suggests it is but we never had a reference to it and our solution compiles and works just fine.

3. Spellchecking abbreviations behaves weirdly
If there is an abbreviation in the text, RapidSpell suggests that exact word, but with an extra "." added to it.
Examples:
- Die Abkürzung für Abkürzung ist Abk.
- Ich war mit ihm bekannt bzw. befreundet.
Suggestion: "Abk.." and "bzw..", respectively.
... and when you check again, it happens again and you would end up with three dots, and so on.

(Is there a way to upload images?)

Regards,
Christian
Jim
#2 Posted : Friday, January 20, 2017 6:14:05 PM

Groups: Administrators, Registered

Hi Christian,

1. Sorry this is a bug that was introduced when we limited compound lookups to shorter words. That was implemented to speed up suggestions of misspellings, but clearly it breaks German compounds. It's fixed now, please update.

https://www.dropbox.com/...2.TXSupportv23.dll?dl=0
(you may need to go to Explorer -> Properties -> Unblock DLL

2. No, Keyoti.RapidSpellMDict.DLL is no longer needed (for RapidSpell Desktop). If you point me to the erroneous docs I will correct it.

3. I'm not seeing this behaviour, but that possibly is because of fixing #1 above. If you still see it, can you check if you have any overrides of our RapidSpellChecker class in your code, and if you do send it please.

You should be able to attach files if you go to "post reply" instead of "quick reply"

Thanks
Jim
-your feedback is helpful to other users, thank you!

Christian Ebel
#3 Posted : Monday, January 23, 2017 3:38:12 PM

Hi Jim,

thanks for the reply, I'm gonna test the new DLL in the next few days.

Keyoti.RapidSpellMDict.DLL is mentioned in
https://keyoti.com/kb/at...o/article-RSTXv4-5.html
and
https://keyoti.com/kb/De...uestId=182&catId=65

Regards,
Christian

Christian Ebel
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2017 10:24:42 AM

Hi Jim,

finally came around to test the new DLL, works nicely with compound words now :-)

But now pasting long words from the clipboard takes very long. For example the following excerpt from a stacktrace takes 5s:
bei Prosozial.Business.Vorlagen.VorlageVariableResolver.ResolveExpressionVariableByKey(VariableInfo varInfo, Object kontext)

The whole stacktrace takes about a minute.

---

About the weird behaviour with abbreviations: you can test it with the sample application (C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\Keyoti RapidSpell Desktop .NET Demos\VS2010-2012\VB.NET\3rd-Party-Integration\TXTextControl\WinForms\TX Text Control Words Spell).

Regards,
Christian
Jim
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2017 6:32:16 PM

Thanks, this ( https://www.dropbox.com/...tv23.dll?dl=0&t=988 ) will fix it, it limits compound checking to under 48 chars which I think is acceptable based on http://www.telegraph.co....-Rindfleischeti....html

Quote:

However a 39-letter word, Rechtsschutzversicherungsgesellschaften, insurance companies providing legal protection, is considered the longest German word in everyday use by the Guinness Book of World Records.

Regarding the abbreviations, unfortunately this is out of our control, it appears to be the way TX is tokenizing the text. To explain, with TX now (and for the last 6 versions or so) they read the document and pass text snippets to the spell checker to be spell checked (I believe their own spell checker works the same way). So, if their snippet is something like

"- Die Abkürzung für Abkürzung ist Abk"

then of course we will flag "Abk" as incorrect because in the dictionary it is "Abk.". Without knowing that the . follows, we can't do anything else.

My only suggestion would be to add words like "Abk" to the dictionary, that will mean that your test sentence passes OK, but also mean that if someone writes "Abk" without the . then that will also be accepted.

Best
Jim

Christian Ebel
#6 Posted : Friday, February 24, 2017 10:38:09 AM

Hi Jim,

you underestimate our creativity with long compound words ;-)

Seriously though, works nicely now, thanks.

Also, i really appreciate how quickly you respond and solve issues (unlike some other, not-to-be-named, companies).

Regards,
Christian
areichhart
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2017 11:45:16 AM

Hi,

I'm also using rapid spell to check german compound words in TextControl and long words are often not correctly detected.

So can i ask you to do the same fix for the TXv20 dll I'm using?

nb:
Altough we just bought rapidSpell, we are not planning to update our TX anytime soon, as the unfortunatly neccessary custom hacks break newer versions.

Thanks a lot in advance!
Jim
#8 Posted : Tuesday, March 28, 2017 5:29:00 PM

Sure, here you go https://www.dropbox.com/...T2.TXSupportv20.dll?dl=0

areichhart
#9 Posted : Friday, April 21, 2017 12:52:26 PM

Thank you very much, seems to work fine.

However i needed first to figure that the LC0000 compile error was because - windows blocks the DLL by default. Wasn't so far aware that this can happen.
Thx again!