Title Back Colour Keyoti Title Line Title Curve
Blue Box Top

Lexicon error - SearchUnit - Forum

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

Options
DMacy
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2019 12:40:19 AM

Groups: Registered

In my Windows program that is generating an index on a set of files by calling AddDocument with a New Documents.PreloadedDocument, I'm getting the following error with some of the files:

Lexicon order ("""".compareTo("""") <= 0)

I'm not sure what this is referring to or whether it is something to be concerned about or should I just ignore it. Can you give any ideas for what I should look at in the files where it's occurring? Thanks!
Jim
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2019 4:26:50 AM

Groups: Administrators, Registered

I would be looking for anything unusual in the character set. So perhaps unusual unicode characters. Non English chars should be fine, but perhaps control characters or collapsible characters.

If you can narrow it down to a document that always does it, I would be happy to look at it for you.

-your feedback is helpful to other users, thank you!

DMacy
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2019 2:29:45 PM

Thanks, Jim! I think that's probably the problem. I'm indexing XML files, and in one that gives the error, when I edit the file in a text editor, it shows a code of "&#x2;" which I assume is a control character of some sort. In the original I think it was some kind of a footnote indicator. Do I need to scrub these characters out somehow before sending the text to AddDocument, or is there another way to handle this?
Jim
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2019 7:23:34 PM

I tested with a PreloadedDocument containing the character with code '02' which is the 'start of text' control char, and it worked OK - so I'm not sure it is or isn't the problem.
If it's straightforward for you to scrub control chars out, then please do that.

If you are indexing programmatically, such as using PreloadedDocument and can isolate the problem down somewhat, I would be happy to get the code the produces the problem, and fix it properly in SearchUnit.

Thanks

DMacy
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2019 7:27:47 PM

I can send you several of the documents that are producing the error. Should I send them by email?
Jim
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2019 8:47:32 PM

Yes please.

Jim
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2019 1:23:56 AM

Thanks for the files, I indexed all of them (using the standard indexing, not PreloadedDocument) with the current build and they seemed fine.

Can you show me the exact version number of your Keyoti4.SearchEngine.Core.DLL that you're referencing please?

I'm wondering if we've fixed it since the version you have.

DMacy
#8 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2019 1:33:25 AM

From the file properties of the DLL, it says the file version is 2017.7.18.501.
Jim
#9 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2019 4:03:39 AM

I think this MSI will solve it

https://www.dropbox.com/...p-v7-Languages.msi?dl=0

DMacy
#10 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2019 4:05:21 PM

Thanks, Jim! That did the trick. The index generated without any error messages.
DMacy
#11 Posted : Friday, June 7, 2019 4:37:17 PM

Jim, I'm posting on this thread because the problem we're having seems to have started since I updated Keyoti on our web server. Every morning, around 3:00 a.m., our primary domain freezes and gives a "service unavailable" (I think HTTP error 503) message. Restarting the server clears up the problem for the rest of the day. Only the one domain freezes; we have several other domains on the same server running the same version of site code, and they never seem to be affected.

In browsing the event log, I came across the following message (which occurs throughout the day, even a few minutes ago):

Event code: 3012
Event message: An error occurred processing a web or script resource request. The requested resource 'fKeyoti4.SearchEngine.Web,2017.7.18.501,,58d9fd2e9ec4dc0e|Keyoti.SearchEngine.Web.ClientFiles.AutoComplete.js' does not exist or there was a problem loading it.
Event time: 6/7/2019 10:10:56 AM
Event time (UTC): 6/7/2019 3:10:56 PM
Event ID: 1ffb7513b0d34d1ab3b7c1fc7448692f
Event sequence: 16208
Event occurrence: 9
Event detail code: 0

I recognize the reference to version 2017.7.18.501 as the previous version; the current version is 2017.7.18.904. I have searched everywhere I can think of on our web server for any residual DLLs for the 501 version but can't find any. All of the Keyoti references in our web.config are to the 904 version.

Do you have any suggestions for how I can find what is generating these messages in the application log?
Jim
#12 Posted : Friday, June 7, 2019 6:10:11 PM

I can't think how SearchUnit would freeze the server, but I can help you figure out the erroneous request, Dan.

That request is coming from a WebResource.axd URL. The SearchUnit Web Controls use Javascript that is embedded in the DLL and ASP.NET has a mechanism to get those files out of the DLL. To do it, it generates a URL like /WebResource.axd?....... with a long string of GET params. There is GET parameter that references a specific DLL, in your case it is the older version.

So, this could be because:

1. You have hard coded a link to webresource.axd in one of your pages. If you have any links in the source of your site that has webresource.axd, that isn't going to work anymore because it's assembly version specific. Definitely avoid doing that.

2. Something is wrong in the webresource.axd links generated by ASP.NET. You can see if that's true by loading the page with F12 open, and looking at the Network tab. If the webresource.axd URLs are erroring and that is creating errors in the event log like the one above, at that exact time, then the problem is in the URL generation.

Let me know please

DMacy
#13 Posted : Friday, June 7, 2019 9:02:50 PM

Thanks, Jim! I searched all my code and don't see any hard-coded references to webresource.axd.

I loaded several pages on our site with F12 and the Network tab, but there were no errors displayed. The last time an event of this type was written to the event log was about an hour ago. I also noticed that the messages are warnings, not errors, so this particular problem is probably not causing our one domain to freeze.
Jim
#14 Posted : Friday, June 7, 2019 9:16:24 PM

This might help with the hang, if you find it is anything to do with SearchUnit let me know
https://www.leansentry.com/Guide/IIS-AspNet-Hangs